Slow cooker chicken and mushroom stroganoff takes just minutes to throw in the crock pot! It is so creamy and delicious and will become an instant family favorite!
The only thing better than pasta is pasta that you can make in a slow cooker or Instant Pot. It makes dinner a breeze! For more quick and easy pasta recipes your family will go crazy over, try this Instant Pot spaghetti, crock pot Olive Garden pasta, and slow cooker lemon chicken piccata!
Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff in the Slow Cooker
This chicken and mushroom stroganoff is the perfect weeknight meal. It’s so easy to throw together and always satisfies! As soon as I got the kids to school I looked in my cupboard for ingredients and was able to throw this stroganoff into the slow cooker. It took under 5 minutes! All of my fellow busy moms rejoice.
It has minimal ingredients and the chicken cooks to tender and juicy perfection in the creamy mushroom sauce. I did use a can of cream of chicken soup but if you have some extra time you can make my homemade cream of chicken soup. The sauce is so easy, creamy, and perfect with some noodles tossed inside. Trust me when I say your family is going to go crazy over it! It’s picky eater-approved! Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Find more slow cooker dinners here. You’ll have to try my Instant Pot beef stroganoff as well!
What You’ll Need to Make It
I loved the flavor in the creamy sauce and the mushrooms hidden throughout were awesome. This was the perfect easy meal for the whole family. With how simple slow cooker chicken and mushroom stroganoff is, you will want to make it again and again! Check out the recipe card below for measurements.
- Chicken Breasts: I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes.
- Sliced Mushrooms: I used regular brown mushrooms, but cremini and baby bella mushrooms also work!
- Cream Cheese: You will want this to be softened so your sauce turns out lump-free.
- Cream of Chicken Soup: Use canned soup for easy prep or make your own from scratch! Find my full recipe here. For more mushroom flavor, you can also use cream of mushroom soup.
- Dry Onion Soup Mix: You only need one packet to give this stroganoff all the flavor it needs.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
- Fresh Parsley: Chopped and added on top for garnish! I love adding fresh herbs to my dishes because they not only look great, but add extra flavor and aromatics as well.
- Large Egg Noodles: It wouldn’t be stroganoff without ’em!
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff in the Slow Cooker
It’s so easy! This slow cooker chicken and mushroom stroganoff is the kind of recipe you can set and forget. Run your errands, pick up the kids, and then you have a delicious, hearty dinner to come home to!
- Add Chicken and Mushrooms: Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Then add the mushrooms.
Prepare Sauce: In a medium-sized bowl, add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix. Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook: Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3.
- Serve Over Pasta: Pour over noodles and sprinkle with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
Tips and Serving Suggestions
If you are looking for an easy-to-make slow cooker meal that your family will love, this recipe is it! Here are a few simple ways to make it taste even better.
- Adding More Flavor: If you want your stroganoff to have stronger flavor, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce!
- Serve With: This creamy mushroom sauce and chicken works well with so many different things! I always go for stroganoff-style egg noodles, but white rice, brown rice, mashed potatoes, linguine, fettuccine, farfalle, and tagliatelle are all great options too!
A Reader’s Review
This recipe is delish! My boys wanted seconds and thirds! Easy to make and comes out amazing. Thank you for sharing!
Not only is this chicken and mushroom stroganoff super easy to make, but it’s great for leftovers! Here’s how to keep it tasting delicious.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover stroganoff in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- In the Freezer: Store in a freezer bag for 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- To Reheat: Heat on the stove over medium heat. Add water or chicken broth as needed if the sauce is too thick.
Place the chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Then add the mushrooms on top.
In a medium-sized bowl add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and dry onion soup mix. Mix until incorporated and spread on top of chicken and mushrooms.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3. Serve over noodles and top with fresh parsley and salt and pepper.
Updated on November 25, 2022
Calories347kcal (17%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein28g (56%)Fat25g (38%)Saturated Fat13g (65%)Cholesterol142mg (47%)Sodium336mg (14%)Potassium506mg (14%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A891IU (18%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium68mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
( With inputs from therecipecritic )
#Slow #Cooker #Chicken #Mushroom #Stroganoff #Recipe #Critic